Blades of Chaos
The origins of Kratos blades are explained in God of War, the first game from the series released on PS2. Kratos, having offered his soul to Ares in exchange for victory in battle, has the Blades Of Chaos seared into his flesh as a permanent reminder of his servitude to Ares.
The Blades of Chaos are Kratos' main weapons in all of the God of War games, so they appear in all three games as his primary weapon. In God Of War II and the end of God Of War I, the Blades Of Chaos are replaced by the Blades Of Athena. While they both function alike, there are aesthetic differences in the colour and gleam of the blades.
Level 1 - Basic
(Next Upgrade, Level 2: Rage of the Gods, Greater Damage, New Attacks. Requires 1500 Red Orbs
Level 2 - New Moves!
- Apollo's Ascension: L1+X
- Apollo's Offensive (Air): L1+X
- Hermes Rush: R1
- Hermes Stomp (Air): R1
- (New Ability) Rage of the Gods: L3+R3
(Next Upgrade: Level 3: Greater Damage, New attacks. Requires 2250 Red Orbs
Level 3 - New Moves!
- Cyclone Of Chaos: L1 + Square
- Cylone Of Chaos (Air): L1 + Square
- Spirit Of Hercules: Triangle + Triangle + Triangle
- Valor Of Hercules: Triangle + Triangle + Square
- Hades Revenge: 'Square' or 'Triangle' or 'R1' While in Hades Reverse (Parry) Pose.
(Next Upgrade: Level 4: Greater Damage, New Attacks. Requires 3750 Red Orbs)
Level 4 - New Moves!
- Rising Helios: L1 + Triangle
- Falling Helios (Air): L1 +Triangle
- Hermes Fury: R1 + R1 + R1
- Achilles Flip: Right Analog Stick + X
(Next Upgrade: Level 5: Greater Damage, New Attacks. Requires 9000 Red Orbs)
Related ThreadsBlade of Chaos or Leviathan Axe? - last post by @ Sep 5, 2018
Blades Advice - last post by @ Mar 27, 2005